Monday, March 11, 2013

It's Spring

We only have a week + until it is really Spring, technically Spring.  But we've already hit daylight savings time (figured that one out at 4pm when I looked at my cell phone), and probably the most relevant signs of spring for the Farm are that we cleaned up the greenhouse and I have started my onions and shallots (for more about new varieties of onions for this year look back about 4 posts).

Mulching the garlic and asparagus will be up next, I just want to wait until we see a little more snow melt outside of Burlington.

So now, before things get too hectic I want to enjoy Early Spring by doing two things our family loves: going to North beach on those slightly warm days and hiking around (for a 2 & 5 year old that is plenty of hike-space and so close) and go to the Palmer sugar house, on Hinesburg Road, once or twice.  I'm excited that, just based on the temps I'm seeing, it might be a really good sugaring year this year.  Obviously good news for everyone in this state.

Go to our website for our brochure or to just sign-up online at www.openheartfarm.com - we are filling up a bit faster than last year.  If I had to take a guess as to why it would mostly be that we provided a lot of great veggies last year and that I think there are many people tuning in to the abundance of local farms each day.  Yeah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home